My Bookshelf

Monday 3 December 2012

Day 3: Literary Stocking Fillers


If you are not already aware, there is a genius website called The Literary Gift Company and for once it does exactly what it says on the tin. You want to jump outside the box this Christmas? Visit this online shop. Here are just some of the things I am hoping to find under the tree this year courtesy of the LGC. Friends, this hint is so obvious I might as well just throw these things at your head.

A Room of One's Own Penguin MugVirginia Woolf A Room of One's Own Mug. Because you can never have enough Penguin mugs. And Gatsby is getting lonely in my cupboard and slowly becoming freaked out by the Cath Kidston chickens staring at him...





Literary Rubber DuckA Literary Rubber Duck. Inspired. Reading a book in the bath, for me being the idiot that I am, is normally not a very good idea. That is why I am genuinely in awe of this duck. It can read. In water. Definitely deserves its spot on the Christmas list this year.
2B or Not 2B Pencil



2B or Not 2B pencil. Because I'm a sucker for rubbish jokes and pencils. Stationary in general is a pretty good bet for me to be honest. Nerd.


Personal Library Kit
Personal Library Kit. This I don't actually want because I genuinely do not have enough hours in the day but mainly because I think I might actually go into a geek coma when appreciating its awesomeness.
I may not particularly like the fact that Fifty Shades of Grey  has taken the world by storm but this poster is inspired. If you just can't bear having anything with the word 'fifty' on your walls though, there are plenty of other awesome posters to choose from.


And finally, the most hilarious, awesome and simultaneously creepy gift of all - the literary soft toy. Who wouldn't want to snuggle up to some of the most crazy minds in history? I know right. You've got your pick from Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen, Sherlock Holmes, Virginia Woolf and Shakespeare. You cannot go wrong with this one, surely...

If you liked the look of these, take a stroll to www.theliterarygiftcompany.com and have a browse through the hundreds of gifts on offer from board games to jewellery, notebooks to quotable chocolate bars...

No comments:

Post a Comment